last updated: February 1, 2021
What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User’s device when accessing certain content through web pages, electronic media and/or applications. Cookies allow an application or web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a User or its equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your device, can be used to recognize the User.Cookies are secure to the extent that they can only store information used by the browser, information that the User has entered in the browser or information included in the page request.Some cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a website and/or application and cannot contain viruses or damage your device.Others serve various purposes, such as facilitating navigation between pages and/or applications, storing the user’s preferred language, allowing the user’s preferences to be remembered, or detecting whether you have visited previously.Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and interaction. Cookies cannot damage your computer and the fact that they are enabled helps to identify and resolve potential errors.
What type of cookies are used in HUEVOS FRITOS?
2.1. 2.1. Depending on the entity that manages them, the cookies used can be classified into:
- (i) Own Cookies: are those Cookies that are sent to your device and managed exclusively by us for the better functioning of HUEVOS FRITOS. The information collected is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- (ii) Third-party cookies: these are cookies deposited by a server of another domain, with the authorization of the site you are visiting (for example, by clicking on social network buttons or watching videos hosted on another website or application). We cannot access the data stored in cookies from other websites or applications when you browse those websites or applications. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by HUEVOS FRITOS but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2.2. 2.2. Depending on the length of time they remain activated, the following cookies can be differentiated:
- (i) Session cookies: these are temporary files that remain in the browser’s cookie history until the Website or applications are abandoned, so they are not recorded on the hard drive of the user’s computer or mobile device. The data obtained through these cookies are used to analyze traffic patterns and data communication. They make it possible to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- (ii) Persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard disk and the Web Site and applications read them each time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a persistent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are generally used to facilitate the different services offered by websites and applications.
2.3. 2.3. Depending on the purpose of the cookie:
- Registration Cookies: When the user registers on HUEVOS FRITOS, cookies are generated that identify you as a registered user and indicate when you are logged into the portal. These cookies are used to identify the user account and its associated services. These cookies are kept as long as the user does not leave the account, close the browser or turn off the device.
- Analytical cookies: cookies can be used in combination with analytical data to identify individual user preferences on HUEVOS FRITOS.
- Performance cookies: these types of cookies retain user preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to configure them each time you visit HUEVOS FRITOS and, in some cases, may be provided by third parties. Some examples are: volume of audio-visual players, item sorting preferences or compatible video playback speeds.
- Advertising CookiesThese are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
- Geolocation cookies: these cookies are used by programs that try to geographically locate the location of the computer, smartphone, tablet or connected TV, to anonymously offer more appropriate content and services.
- Other third-party cookies: on some of our pages you can install third-party cookies that allow you to manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use are the links to social networks that allow you to share our content.
How can the user block or delete cookies?
The user can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your Internet browser. In the case of blocking them, it is possible that certain services that require their use may not be available to the user.The following links provide the user with information on how to activate your preferences in the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser’s Help.
- Firefox: Tools – Options – Privacy History – Personalized Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings Show advanced options Privacy content settings. For more information, you can consult the Google support or the browser Help.
- Safari: Security Preferences
The User may revoke their previously granted consent to the installation of cookies at any time by deleting the cookies installed on their equipment by configuring the browser options, as indicated in the section “revocation and deletion of cookies”. However, this may impact the functionalities of the Website or the applications used by the User, making the User’s experience less satisfactory.